3rd Health Programme
The Third EU Health Programme is the main instrument that the Commission uses to implement the EU Health Strategy.
The programme has 4 overarching objectives which seek to:
- Promote health, prevent diseases and foster supportive environments for healthy lifestyles taking into account the 'health in all policies' principle
- Protect Union citizens from serious cross-border health threats
- Contribute to innovative, efficient and sustainable health systems
- Facilitate access to better and safer healthcare for Union citizens
Only applications from entities established in one the following countries are eligible:
- EU Member States;
- Iceland, Norway, Serbia and Moldova;
- Countries which have a bilateral agreement with the European Union in accordance with Article 6 of Regulation (EU) No 282/2014 on the establishment of a third Health Programme for the Union’s action in the field of health (2014 - 2020).
Types of Projects
This programme funds a variety of project types including operating grants, pilot projects, and reference networks.
View past projects by visiting this webpage and searching for projects with closed topics.
Since the Access Europe project closed in January 2018, the information is no longer updated here with new calls for proposals. To keep updated with European funding information, subscribe to Funding Point, The Wheel's database of grants available to Ireland's community, voluntary and charitable sector.
There is a National Contact Point for the Public Health Programme based at the Health Research Board:
You can contact Kay if you have any queries related to the Public Health Programme and if you wish to be added to their mailing list.